Ohh wow! Two posts in one day... that never happens anymore... let's see if I can update this thing a little more frequently this year...
1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
In 2006 I learnt how to stand up for myself a bit more, grow a bit of a backbone... and that's something I haven't done in a long time. Also I went to see the Wrestling in Melbourne, and that was awesome!
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I made any for 06, but this year I have a couple.. they are:
* to get my license
* do the "exercise thing" and lose some weight. Not much, just so i look a bit more toned
* seriously look into the reality market for my own hotel.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yeah, Rikii my old next door neighbour had a little boy, as did Chandy. Daniel from Harvey's, wife had a beautiful baby girl, felicity, My cousin Nicole had a little girl, Amy, my aunty Kylie had a little boy, Jack, my cousin in QLD had a little girl, Montana and one of my best friend's Loopy also had a baby! WOW!!!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Lol none! Just several trips to Melbourne with John.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
Hmmm. This is a hard one, because up until September I was living the dream. I guess I'd like some more direction and confidence.
7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
17th June. I stayed at John's that night, and we had the best night playing Tank Wars on an ancient Amstrad. It was a cool, fun intimate night. I learnt more about him that night than many others spent with him.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I guess getting to the happy stage I am at with work at the Botanical. My job really couldn't be better. I love it. And I've gotten there from pure hard work and determination. :)
9. What was your biggest failure?
I guess, personally, my biggest failure is not being able to give John what he needed.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had the sniffles once or twice, and tonsilitis once, but other than that this has been my most illness-free year in a loooong time. I guess happiness has a part to play in that.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I think there were a few things... materialistic things like my new phone and computer monitor.... but the best thing I think I bought was the WWF Raw tickets. That was the best weekend I've ever had, spent with my favourite person.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Umm I guess mine, I was a pretty good girl this year. I did things I never thought I would, and had a ball!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Well, the first person would be Ash's. For reason's I won't go into. The second person's would be John's. After spending the best year with each other, he come's back from Vanuatu and shuts me out completely. Cold as ice. Literally leaves me on the door step, and then isn't man enough to come around and collect his stuff or talk to me. Sad.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Ummmm New Years in Melbourne with Ash, John & the Crew.. Earth Core to see infected mushroom... and the wrestling as well!! Can't forget the wrestling!!
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
Shaun Michaels Sexy Boy theme Entrance.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier with my job. sadder in all other respects.
ii. thinner or fatter? thinner!! lol
iii. richer or poorer? a little bit richer actually now my wages aren't being totally spent on John each week.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Spending time doing fun stuff with John
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
spending time by myself.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent Christmas day with my family. Helped dad cook the dinner for the whole family, and just had fun.... It was really good to spend quality time with my sis.
22. Did you fall in love in 2006?
yeah, big time.
23. How many one-night stands?
none at all..
24. What was your favorite TV program?
i didn't really watch much TV... do wrestling DVD's count? Other than that, House MD.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
ummm yeah, Carly, my ex housemate. But that's a very strong word... so we'll go with "developed a strong sense of dislike"
26. What was the best book you read?
Umm the latest Harry Potter book!
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
I wanted nice, sexy furniture, and I got that!
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
ARGH! Tooo many favourites.... we'll have to say that the cheesy Christmas movie Elf was never far from the DVD player.... any time of the year!
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 23 and I spent it with family during the day, and friends in the evening. Me, Michael, Ben and Laura went out for tea at the Botanical then headed back to Michaels. I didn't see John, as he was in Vanuatu.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If John didn't leave me.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Ummmm lots of black & white at work (with the Botanical) but in play time, lot's of layering and dark colours... Bordering on "goth" a little.
34. What kept you sane?
Looking after John really! (but he was also the reason for my insanity)
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Robbie Williams..... and Shaun Michaels!
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Anything that came out of Steve Brack's mouth.
37. Who did you miss?
I miss John the most. I'm sounding like a broken record here... but when you live in someone's back pocket for a year, and then have them suddenly leave, it's a huge thing. :(
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Amelia, Tom and Sonia at the Botanical!!!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
It is better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all?
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
The wold was on fire, noone could save me but you
It's strange what desire will make foolish people do
I never dreamed that I'd meet somebody like you
And I'd never dreamed that I'd need somebody like you
No I don't wanna fall in love
This world is always gonna break your heart
No I don't wanna fall in love
this world is always gonna brake your heart
What a wicked game to play
To make me feel this way
What a wicked thing to do
To let me dream of you
What a wicked thing to say
You never felt this way
What a wicked thing you do
To make me dream of you
- HIM - foolish game